Monday, March 03, 2008

A Song of Hope

A Song of Hope

All things bright and beautiful, You are
All things wise and wonderful, You are
In my darkest night You brighten up the skies
A song will rise

Chorus:
I will sing a song of hope, sing along
God of heaven come down, heaven come down
Just to know that You are near is enough
God of heaven come down, heaven come down

All things new, I can start again
Creator, God calling me Your friend
Sing praise my soul to the Maker of the skies
A song will rise

Chorus:

Halleluiah, sing

Chorus:

Robbie Seay Band

------------------
Music lifts the soul.
It isn't something that can be quantified and measured.
And those who are always interested in trying to find the 'exact' value of something, are often distressed by it.

I remember reading a piece in which a man, named Todd Friel, complained about some music.
It seemed to bother him because he couldn't tell if they were singing to God or 'some chick'.
I look at one of my recent posts about God being our lover.
The lover of our souls.
And I start to wonder why Mr. Friel can't understand the love that some are singing about.
Has he ever experienced it?
Does he even know that is how God thinks of him?
And in my cynical nature, I wonder how upset he would be over these questions?

I could provide links, but those who know of the Way of the Master ministries know about this man.
I just hope that one day he will see people not as souls needing to be won, but people.
People in genuine need of the love of God.
Not that they don't need help.
All people do.
But that the relationship with God and people would become so much more alive to him.

I know there are some who will complain about this.
That's okay.
Discussion and dialogue help us to GROW.
Those who cannot discuss opinions, aren't able to grow much.
I also think that those who will not tolerate others opinions tend to think that they have 'arrived' at the right conclusions. Period.
And in the scriptures, Paul said something about people who think they have arrived.
He reminded us that none of us have.

So enjoy the journey.
And don't forget to smell the flowers.
It doesn't always make sense.
But it is enjoyable.

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I hear you loud n clear!

Nator said...

Some of your words remind me of this song. It will take you back down memory lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5vH025y1ZU

Susan said...

Well said, Roland! And yes, music really does lift the soul.

Thanks for visiting my site. I put up a new posting tonight. Would love to have your insight.

Doorman-Priest said...

Individual tastes apart, Music is food for the soul. When I was "off" church, my major spiritual experiences came courtesy of my choir, the acclaimed Leeds Philharmonic chorus, who have taken me all over Europe. Sometimes singing with them is much better than being in church.