Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Love

Sometimes I really get my back up about how others can view their fellow human beings.
I try not to.
But, last I checked, I'm still human.

I realized today, that I get most bothered by what some people think of love.
Although it can be loving to help someone out of a pit they fell into out of carelessness, it doesn't seem very loving when you continually point out how they messed up.
(a little secret: often times they already know)

Anyway, I was listening to an old cassette tape of mine (hey! its not an 8 track), and realized that the great 'evangelists' REO Speedwagon, sang very well about what was bothering me. God bless them. It just goes to show that you can find God everywhere, if you're really paying attention.

Hit it boys:



Now go out and share love with someone. Real love. And watch the world grow just a little brighter.

7 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Oh I know about love alright... especially between my thighs!

Okay, in all seriousness, true love is about respect ...and getting laid a lot :-P

I tried...

Roland said...

WW, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.
And you're right.
Respect is huge.

Linda said...

As the apostle Paul would say in 1 Corinthians 13 "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Roland said...

Good point, Linda.
You can even find God in the Bible. ;)
Seriously though, that is a wonderful passage.
That was Paul's way of saying it and it is wonderful.
What is your way of saying it?

Nator said...

I think love gets pushed to the background or even forgotten because we like to be right. Not only do we like to be right, but we love it when others know we are right. We like it so much that we go out of our way to tell, or show, people how right we are. When that happens, love or even common decency, can get left behind.

Roland said...

That's true, Nator.
I'm guilty of it myself at times.

Nator said...

Me too, Roland. Me too.