Friday, February 08, 2008

Listening

A bunch of things got me thinking about sharing my faith.
How do I share?
There are a whole bunch of things I could list.
But then I thought about how God reached me.
Reached me.

Do I do that?
Not tell them about God and Jesus, although that is part of what I want to share. But do I reach others how God reached me?
Do I show interest in others?
Do I care for others?
Do I listen to their problems and needs?

I realized today,God does exactly that with me.
He really is interested in me.
He isn't interested in just showing me the 'right way'. Notice I said, 'just.' He wants me to know the right way, but first listens to me.
He is concerned about me.
And as such, I should go and do likewise.

If the above ramble makes no sense to you, don't worry about it.
I wrote it for me. I need it for me.
If it does make some sort of sense to you, then its good for me to know that I'm not alone.
Thanks for listening.
It should remind you of someone.
If it doesn't, go back to the top and read it again.
And then realize, you are more like someone I just mentioned than you might realize.
Continued peace and blessings on you.

2 comments:

Nator said...

Awsome post, even if it was meant just for you. How often do we forget to really care about someone instead of just seeing them as another number on our "Evangelized To Today" list. Spot on.

Roland said...

Nator, thanks. You helped make my day.