Sunday, March 18, 2007

sigh...

Why is it when I say "Love your enemies." (quoting the Big Guy here), everyone thinks I mean that we need to make them our best buddy?
When the (blank) did I say that? AAARRGHHH!
I love my kids, but it doesn't mean I don't love them to do better. The 'seat of knowledge' does need to be addressed at times. ;)

Ahem. To better understand the screwed up mind I live in, and what kind of 'bilge' I've been getting, take time to visit the Church of the Open Door. Check out the sermon from last week. Check it out after 9 am Monday. That's when they usually update the messages.

It will be about 45 minutes. If you don't want to watch, that's fine. But it will give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. Pastor Dave communicates more eloquently than I do.

3 comments:

Billiam said...

Likely for the same reason the take so many other Scriptures out of context. They have an agenda. It's like saying "Thou shall not kill" instead of the correct "Thou shall not murder". It makes coming out against the Death Penalty easier, although, they still can't answer for Abortion. I'm also sure Hillary or Barak can come up with twisted Scripture to justify their "Homosexuality is not immoral" statements.

Roland said...

Actually Billiam, you're probably right. Oddly enough, the pastor addressed homosexuality the week before in his sermons, and put it very kindly. It still misses the mark.

Wonder Woman said...

Kinda like swallowing verses spitting ;)