Thursday, November 09, 2006

Big Dogs

At church a couple of weeks ago, the pastor told us how Jesus was like a Big Dog. (Don't be offended and just follow the analogy a minute, okay)
Anyway big dogs are patient and usually calm with the little yapping puppies that chew on their ears and are general nuisances. (If you can picture Peter looking like this, you can understand the analogy a bit better.)
But sometimes the Big Dog gets upset and will snap at the pup. (Yeah, it happened to Peter too) And the Big Dog isn't wrong in this. He's just doing a little training.

Now Pablo at Attitude Central was talking about America being like a Big Dog. And I like his comparison.

The next week when the pastor came back he told about some friends with a little yapping puppy who were visiting some other friends with a big ol' dog. It just so happens that during the week long visit the little puppy pestered the big dog all throughout the week. The big dog seemed really calm about the little pup, even though it pestered him a lot. And all went well until the end of the week and the family with the little pup was packing up and saying there goodbyes when it happened. The little dog decided to eat some food out of the big dog's dish. And the big dog snapped. The little dog never did get to go home.
It's kind of sad about the little dog. And it doesn't always end that way. But eventually when the big dog goes off, you don't want to be the annoying little puppy. I still hope that the annoying little puppy of Hamas can learn to behave. But I think the lesson might be a very, very hard one to learn for them. I wonder if they will fare better than the other yapping little puppy?

Chelsea update: I didn't realize how bad the tumor was. It is malignant. She has been getting chemo just so they can get it small enough to remove. It is intertwined with the stomach also. My wife talked to her mom and they were told the chances of them beating this is not very good. Not very good at all.
I haven't even met the little girl and I have cried myself to sleep. I have prayed and fasted. I don't know how God will answer the prayers, but it is hard sometimes. Very hard.

5 comments:

Pablo said...

Sorry to hear about Chelsea, but keep praying (I will too). Ours is a God of miracles. Nothing is beyond Him.

Birdie said...

Amen, Pablo. Eaglewood and I will be praying, too.

MikeT said...

Sorry to hear about that. I'll be praying for you too.

Wonder Woman said...

You've got my prayer also.

Arielle said...

*poke* Still alive, Roland?

Hopefully it's not time to stick a fork in your blog...