Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hallelujah

Was watching an episode of Scrubs with my wife. It's the first season and we rented it from the library.
On the 4th show, the main character said how one out of three patients that come into the hospital die there. They show three patients and then go through the show switching between them and the doctors that take care of them. In the end, all three die. JD (the main character) says that sometimes the odds don't favor you. Anyway, they played a song at the end, I think it was sung by John Cale. It was called Hallelujah. The part that stuck out to me most were the lines...

Life is not a victory march
it's a cold and
it's a broken
Hallelujah.

I couldn't agree more. Now, if we could only see this more often and realize we are all in this boat together.
And so in my own broken way, I say, "Hallelujah."

4 comments:

Pablo said...

You mean to tell me life isn't a Van Halen video?!?
Aw man, what am I gonna do with all this hair..?

MikeT said...

I'm big on Lost and the Office. Have you seen either of those? The Office may hit a little too close to home for you.

Roland said...

Haven't seen The Office.
Matter of fact, haven't had tv hooked up for about 2 years.
I mostly rent stuff. I get it later than everyone else, but I avoid all the commercials. :)
What's The Office about?

CrazyJo said...

Love Scrubs. One of the funniest shows on TV in my opinion. That and My Name is Earl. I remember that episode, the song really stuck in my mind as well.