Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What we deserve

3 posts in one day. I must be crazy.

Robert asked this question (and a good question to boot):

"However, if god owns us like my friend Roland professes, what the hell did I do to deserve the crap that's happened to me in the past year?"

I answered with this:

"I'll answer it with another couple of questions.

Why did my dad get a vaccination that caused transverse myalitis (swelling of the spinal cord) and has left him paralyzed from the lower chest down?

Why does my wife's mom have very advanced bone cancer (4-1/2 years and going) and her health is starting to deteriorate?

Why was Hitler allowed to exist?

To be honest, I do not know all the reasons these things happen.
But to paraphrase a preacher named Chuck Swindoll, "Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you deal with it."

Why bemoan the fact that my life has pain? (arthritis already and I'm not even 40)
I try to remember that even in these things God still made me and really does care for me.
To be honest I deserve far worse than I've ever received.
I live Robert.
And because I trust Him, it will be forever and one day there will be no more tears or sadness.

In the end, I believe.
I believe.

Blow something up once and tell me you are "creating" something.
Tell me that there is an evolution of life in that little blast and I'll still think your bonkers. (Big Bang THEORY!)

Look at the things around you.
If we evolved:
Why in the heck do we have eyebrows?
Why doesn't hair cover our bodies more fully like Mahmoud?
How in the world did the bombardier beetle evolve? (Evolutionists dodge that like cats on a hot tin roof)

I know very little.
But, I am fully convinced that someone does.
And when I get to be with Him face to face, I will still want to know why He made those stinkin' little mosquitoes!
And He'll tell me because He really does care.

Hope. Faith. Love.

But the greatest of these is love.

I trust Him, because He loves me. ME!
How awesome is that!"

No comments: