Thursday, February 09, 2006

Rules?

I am stunned. I went to the Shadman's blog (he's listed on the thinkers list) and he wrote some stuff that really hit home with me.

Anyway, I will print out the Message version of Galatians 3:1-3

1You crazy Galatians! Did someone put a hex on you? Have you taken leave of your senses? Something crazy has happened, for it's obvious that you no longer have the crucified Jesus in clear focus in your lives. His sacrifice on the Cross was certainly set before you clearly enough.
2Let me put this question to you: How did your new life begin? Was it by working your heads off to please God? Or was it by responding to God's Message to you? 3Are you going to continue this craziness? For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God. If you weren't smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you suppose you could perfect it?

When you look at this it really comes down to 'What are you doing in your relationship with Jesus Christ?' I used to think that doing certain things made my relationship with Jesus better. HA! I have been shown different. He cannot love me any more than He loves me right now!

It's sad, because I really try not to be bitter about the past. It's hard, though, when others continue to bring forth things that just aren't quite correct, and then try to 'fix' me. I appreciate the zeal they have, but it isn't according to knowledge.

Do you try to follow God by keeping rules?
'For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.' - NLT, Gal 5:4

It isn't about the rules. (at least not directly) ; )
The Lord Himself said, 'You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.' - NLT, John 5:39-40

What do you obey?
And, most importantly, why?
If it isn't God-centered, it might be time to rethink it.

May God Bless You All!

No comments: