Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My Boy is a Genius

A couple of days ago, my son, showed me how smart he is, again. Never mind that he could dismantle a security gate with a screwdriver when he was 2.

He is now 4 and makes bug powered toys. He took a piece of plastic off one of his toys, trapped a ladybug (asian beetle, whatever) under it and when the bug started to try to go, it couldn't get out, but pushed this little hunk of plastic across the floor. He and his 2 sisters watched this thing for quite a while.

When I was a kid, I never, ever thought of that. I mean I could fry ants with a magnifying glass, but never thought of using the bugs for power.

You know, I think my son might make a bug-powered power plant one day. I wonder if that will solve the world's energy problems?

No comments: