Saturday, January 28, 2006

Introductions

I believe the best way to introduce myself is with some humor. Well, some might not think it's funny, but...

A guy is out on a date with a lady and offers her a cigarette.
She says, 'Oh, no, what would I tell my Sunday School class.'

Later on, during dinner, he offers her a drink.
She says, 'Oh, no, what would I tell my Sunday School class.'

As he's driving her home they pass a motel. Thinking he has nothing left to lose, he asks if she wants to stop in.
She says, 'Okay.'

Stunned, he asks her what she will tell her Sunday School class.
She says, 'What I always tell them. You don't need to smoke or drink to have a good time.'

I know what your thinking. Wrong on so many levels. True. But, think about the point just made. We all have our OWN ideas of what is right and wrong.

God has an absolute. Sometimes there are gray areas in life. At those times, check your motivations.
Why are you doing it?
Is it beneficial to all involved?
Is it good in the long run? (to me, this is the tough one)

We are free to choose what to do. But, what will the consequences be?

No comments: