Saturday, January 28, 2006

Birthdays and Boogers

A friend had a birthday recently. He received a card that said -

Birthdays are like boogers. The more you have, the harder it is to breathe.

I have been listening lately to a group called ApologetiX. They are a christian band that takes popular songs and uses different lyrics to get the message of Jesus out. My favorite is the 'Hotel California' parody. They change it to the 'Hotel Can't Afford Ya'. Think about Jesus being born in the manger and not having room at the inn, and you'll get the idea. Very funny and poignant.

I am glad my friend lent me the music. I am going to buy some of their stuff and support what they do. It helps me get through some of the things that are really making it hard to breathe.

Now, you'll have to excuse me while I go blow my nose.

No comments: